We are looking for knowledgeable CNC Operators to use computer numerical control (CNC) machinery safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. Ideal candidates have CNC and 3D printing experience and can work with great concentration and precision. We’re seeking self-starters and highly motivated individuals to add value to our ever-growing team.
A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are essential, as well as an inclination towards hands-on work. The goal is to produce high-quality parts and materials by programming machines to perform the right operations.
This position will entail both manufacturing work in a machine shop environment, and operation of large-scale construction 3D printers.
- Prepare CAM/gcode and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling, etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate a large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Construction site work, including occasionally getting your hands dirty in concrete
- 5 years proven experience as a CNC operator who can program 3,4 axis machines
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Computer savvy with a good understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM (We prefer to use Fusion360)
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- Python/object-oriented programming a plus
- Experience operating construction equipment and machinery is a plus
- Well-organized, creative problem solver, who maintains a positive attitude
- Capable of operating effectively and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Able to work well in a startup environment
Are you ready to join the team?
Fill out the form below; someone will be in touch soon if we believe you’re a good fit.